17.5.11

Makeup Look - Aztec Gold

I saw a screening of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides last night. I liked it, but it its nothing to write home about. I've also been playing Lego Pirates of the Caribbean lately since my roommate brought it home. It's super fun! In honor of pirates, I decided to do a really shiny gold look. And here it is:Eyes
  • outer corner: EyeKandy - metallic mineral shadow in Creamsicle, applied wet for extra oomph.
  • inner corner: Smashbox shadow and liner trio in Girls Night Out (the light gold shade) applied with a larger brush and then blended like fuck to get it to fade into the metallic
  • crease: MAC pigment in blue brown
  • just above the crease: Inglot shadow, a shimmery pumpkin orange
  • highlight: MAC pressed shadow in Shroom
  • liner: Smashbox shadow and liner trio in Girls Night Out... its a brown gel liner, applied to both upper and lower lids
  • inner liner: MAC Pen-Ultimate liner, very very narrow and precise, just for definition
  • on top of both liners i put Urban Decay Heavy Metal liner in Baked for some glitter to add to the shine
  • waterline: Beautique eyeliner pencil in black (since all pirates apparently wear black eyeliner)
  • mascara: Smashbox DNA mascara in black, then a layer of Peter Thomas Roth lashes to die for on top of that.
Face
  • foundation primer: Makeup Forever HD Primer in Neutral
  • foundation: Smashbox Healthy FX foundation in L3 (which is a bit too dark for me right now, but won't be as summer progresses)
  • concealer: MAC, the kind in the little pot
  • powder: Inglot
  • blush: Inglot
  • lips: Kat Von D lipgloss in Rocker (its a pretty reddish/gold shade)
I think today that I used every brand of makeup that I have in my collection. Good for me :) Don't forget to follow me on twitter: @vortexofsin!

No comments:

Post a Comment