9.9.11

Color Relationships: Complimentary Colors 1

So... First look of the new Color Relationships series!! I started with complimentary colors, these colors are opposite one another on the color wheel. I started with Yellow and Violet (that's right, not Purple. The "correct" color name is Violet.) I also painted my nails with China Glaze Happy Go Lucky for the occasion. Its a creme yellow.

Complimentary colors by their nature make each other look more intense, and therefore, more noticeable. Those drug-store eye palettes that are made specifically for your eye color?
They work off this principle. Blue's complement is Orange, Red's compliment is Green, Yellow's compliment is Violet, and so on. They also will "vibrate" against each other if they're both super saturated hues. Don't believe me? Well, I
have an art degree, so... I know these things. Also, look here
See how the colors sort of "bounce" off each other? Told you I was right about vibration.

Anyway, here's my look!

Eyes
  • Primer: Two Faced Shadow Insurance
  • Base: NYX Jumbo Eye shadow pencil in Milk
  • Outer half: Makeup Forever... lemony yellow. I forget the name. Its super bright and matte
  • Inner half: Inglot light yellow shimmer pressed shadow, forget the number, but its sort of lemon-meringe-y
  • Liner: NYX Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Purple (metallic)
  • Lower Lid: Inglot Matte Violet shade, forget the number, but its a violet hedging on blue-violet
  • Browbone: MAC Shroom
  • Waterline: NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk, set with MAC Shroom
  • Mascara: Maybelline One By One (god I can't wait to finish the damn tube, its really terrible)


Face
  • Primer: Makeup Forever HD Primer
  • Foundation: Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation in Light 1
  • Powder: Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Powder Foundation (yes, I wore two foundations today, but I'm out of all other powders and broke, lol) It was actually quite effective at staying on in this terrible rainy weather we're having
  • Blush: MAC blush in Rhubarb (its a Pro color I got in Chicago. SOOO bright and a perfect contrast for this look)






Lips
  • OCC Lip Tar in Memento, set with a translucent setting powder that kinda tasted funny, I might not use it again...
  • Tarina Tarantino lip gloss in Parade just in the center. Its a sheer pink gloss with SO MUCH GLITTER in it. I love it.

So, thats the first look in the Color Relationships series. I will probably go bolder as time goes on... I kinda did the look and then decided to do the series, lol. I think it came out really well though, although I'm not super thrilled with the applicator on the NYX liquid eyeliner. I may have to invest in an eyeliner brush.

Keep an eye out for my next post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment